نبذة عن الدكتورة بدرية الرحبي
Category : Experts
المدرب: د. بدرية الرحبي
Dr. Badriya Saleh Al-Rahbi
|2001 (22 /March)||IELTS, (British Council), Sultanate of Oman|
|2002||Upper intermediate level – (British Council), Sultanate of Oman|
|May 2002||American Red Cross certificate (First Aid instructor)|
|2003 – 2006||BSc (Hons) in Human Physiological Science, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Main Subjects studied: Human physiology, Molecular Physiology, Neurophysiology, Neuroanatomy, Pathophysiology, First aid and Pharmacology
|2006-2007||MSc Human Physiology, Liverpool university, UK
|Jan 2009||Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP I) certificate|
|April 2009||Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP II) certificate|
|Sept 2010||Ovariectomy license for animals…………….Malaysia|
|Dec 2011||SPSS (intermediate level) certificate ….Malaysia|
|Dec 2012||SPSS (Advance level) certificate ….Malaysia|
|Nov 2013||Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Human Neurophysiology, University Science Malaysia
|April 2014||Recipient of award from Ms Huda Al-Kindy, Acting Dean as First Omani staff in IHS to get PhD.|
|2013-20019||Oman College of Health Sciences
(First Aid ecturer)
· Organized and prepare PowerPoint presentation
· Teach first aid both theory and practical.
· OSCE exams
|2013-20019||Neuroscience lecturer (5 h/week)
· Teaching both theory and practical neuroanatomy to 2nd year students.
· Furthermore, taught both theory and practical neuro-physiology to 2nd year physiotherapy students.
|2013-20019||Physiology lecturer (4 h/week)
· Taught both anatomy and physiology (APIII) which include body fluid, urinary system & digestive system to 2nd year radiography students.
|2014||Assigned as Head of Basic Sciences Department|
RESPONSIBILITIES AS HEAD OF DEPARTMENT SINCE 2015:
- Overall coordination of support courses for all 4 programs (Medical Lab Sciences, Medical Imaging, Physiotherapy and Oral Health)
- Class Observation
- Budget preparation
- Preparation of Master timetable for all 4 programs
- Room allocation
- Review of all exams of elective modules – common and anatomy courses
- Preparation of exam timetable for electives & common courses both for midterm and final
- Course leader for the following modules:
- Anatomy, Histology & Physiology – 12 courses for different levels, specialities, and departments)
- Introduction to Pharmacology – 2 courses for Radiography department)
- Biochemistry – 1 course for MLS department)
- Introduction to Research Methodology – 1 course for 3 departments)
- English Support – 4 courses for 2 different levels for Physio department)
- Introduction to Psychosocial Sciences – 1 course for 3 departments)
- Psychosocial Sciences II – 1 course for Physio department)
- Additionally, the department provides coordination for all electives and college requirement courses for all the 4 programs:
- Oman modern society
- Communication skills
- First Aid
- Continuing Professional Development
- Evidence based practice
Also assigned as rapporteur and member of the DGHRD Research committee by Dr Mohammed Al Riyami and my role is as follows:
- Coordinate the meeting of committee (once a month)
- Send emails to all members as reminder for the meeting.
- Book the venue for the meeting.
- Prepare the agenda after discussion with the Chair, DGHRD Research Committee.
- Take the minutes of all the meetings.
- Take responsibility of preparation of research workshops such as Scientific Day 1 (conducted once a year – 100 participants).
- Keep documentation of all pertinent files.
- Establish close liaison between Research Centre, MOH & DGHRD Research Committee.
- Participate in writing the Educational Institutes Research Guidelines (EIRG).
- Participate in writing the research priorities for Health Professional Education.
Assigned by Director of Research Centre as a Focal Point for Research Centre, I do the following tasks:
- Open an account for any academic researcher within the DGHRD institutions.
- Create for them user name and password.
- Follow up submission of every proposal from the academic researchers.
- Help in any technical issue that they face while uploading their proposal.
- Do the first screen of the proposal to ensure it meets all the requirements.
- Take decision to send these proposals to either the local committee or to the central research committee.
- Support PhD students of the whole DGHRD institution regarding online submission of their proposal to be sent to Central committee.
- Help standards 4 (research standard team) to accomplish the task related to IHS research data.
Workshop & conference:
|Jun 29, 1995||First Radiography Conference (Sultan Qaboos University Hospital)|
|21 Feb 2008||Curriculum Review & Teaching portfolio workshop.|
|2007-2008||Attended the following lectures organized by Staff Journal Club:
· Update Quality Assurance
· Health Care Awareness
· Team Work
· Critical Thinking
· Hyperbaric Medicine.
· Urinary Incontinence.
· Teaching, A case study way.
· Understand Adolescent learners and implications to Classroom.
· Explore of Auditing.
· Antioxidants in Health and disease.
· Feedback on Workshop entitled Measurement in Evolution for Health profession Educator.
· Explore the anatomy and physiology of the stomach.
|Feb 2008||International Scientific Symposium organized by Sultan Qaboos University Hospital in collaboration with State of Hamburg.|
|13 Nov 2008||Workshop on Student Assessment.|
|2009||Presented a paper in International Student Management in IIUM (Malaysia)|
|2010||Presented a paper in 16th National Conference on Medical and Health Sciences, Health Campus, Malaysia|
|2012||Presented a paper in 1st World Congress on Health Aging, Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|2013||Presented a paper in 26th Scientific Meeting of Malaysian Society of Pharmacology and Physiology, Equatorial Hotel, Penang, Malaysia|
|2013||Organized End-note workshop held in IHS auditorium|
|2016||Attended a Scientific Meeting of Aging Society, Manchester, UK|
|2016- 2017||Organized Scientific Day 1 And Scientific Day 2 held in IHS auditorium (100 staff attended each scientific day).|
|2018||Attended Leadership Workshop -Muscat|
|Minitab, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), various data base and internet applications.|
Awards and ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
|2003||Awarded international scholarship from University Of
Newcastle Upon Tyne
|2007||Presented a paper in national neuro-radiology conference (Sohar Hospital/Oman)|
|2008||Member in Radiography Curriculum Advisory committee.|
|2010||Won a research grant (40000 MR) from university science Malaysia|
|2014||Awarded as First Omani staff in IHS to get PhD|
|2014||Chairperson of Research Committee, IHS|
|2016||Assigned as Member in DGHRD Research Committee|
|2016||Assigned as Focal Point of Research Centre of MOH|
Al-Rahbi, B., Zakaria, R., Muthuraju, S., Othman, Z. & Hassan, A. (2012). Preliminary Study: Effects of Social Instability Stress on Depressive Behaviours in Ovariectomised Rats. Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences, 20(2), 36-41.
Al-Rahbi, B., Zakaria, R., Othman, Z., Hassan, A., Muthuraju, S. & Wan Mohammad, W. M. Z. (2013a). Mood and Memory Function in Ovariectomised Rats Exposed to Social Instability Stress. BioMed Research International, 2013, 1-10
Al-Rahbi, B., Zakaria, R., Othman, Z., Hassan, A., Mohd Ismail, Z. I. & Muthuraju, S. (2013b). Tualang honey supplement improves memory performance and hippocampal morphology in stressed overiectomized rats. Acta histochemica ,116(1),79-88
Al-Rahbi, B., Zakaria, R., Othman, Z. and Ahmad, A.H., 2014. The effects of Tualang honey supplement on medial prefrontal cortex morphology and cholinergic system in stressed ovariectomised rats. International Journal of Applied Research in Natural Products, 7(3), pp.28-36.
Al-Rahbi, B., Zakaria, R., Othman, Z., Hassan, A. and Ahmad, A.H., 2014. Protective effects of Tualang honey against oxidative stress and anxiety-like behaviour in stressed ovariectomized rats. International scholarly research notices, 2014.
Al-Rahbi, B., Zakaria, R., Othman, Z., Hassan, A. and Ahmad, A.H., 2014. Enhancement of BDNF concentration and restoration of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis accompany reduced depressive-like behaviour in stressed ovariectomised rats treated with either Tualang honey or estrogen. The Scientific World Journal, 2014.
Othman, Z., Zakaria, R., Hussain, N.H.N., Hassan, A., Shafin, N., Al-Rahbi, B. and Ahmad, A.H., 2015. Potential role of honey in learning and memory. Medical Sciences, 3(2), pp.3-15.
Azman, K.F., Zakaria, R., AbdAziz, C., Othman, Z. and Al-Rahbi, B., 2015. Tualang honey improves memory performance and decreases depressive-like behavior in rats exposed to loud noise stress. Noise & health, 17(75), p.83.
Al-Rahbi, B., Sadek, H., Sallam, A., Zakaria, R. and Al-Ghammari, A (2016). Preliminary Study: Role of the Combination of Spirulina and Morinda Citrifolia in the control of Hyperglycemia in Omani Diabetic Patients. International Journal of Food and Nutritional Science. Int J Food Nutr Sci, 3(6).
Sallam, A.A., Al-Rahbi, B., El-Sharawy, A.M., Sadek, H. and Zakaria, R., 2017. The Association between Osteocalcin and Type II Diabetes in Egyptian Male Patients. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, 3(9).
Zakaria, R., Wan N Yaacob, Othman, Z., Long, I., Ahmad, A.H. and Al-Rahbi, B., 2017. Lipopolysaccharide-induced memory impairment in rats: a model of Alzheimer’s disease. Journal of Physiological research, 66.
Al-Rahbi, B., Sallam, A., Sadek, H., 2018. Studying the Hypoglycemic Effect of Omani Thyme: Pilot Study. International Journal of Horticulture, Agriculture and Food Science (IJHAF), 2(3):98-101, 2018.